How to Buy Properties from BAMC
The Bank Assets Management Company (BAMC) is one of Slovenia’s largest providers of real estate of various types. The list of real estate properties can be found on our website, at BAMC Real Estate. Real estate owned by the BAMC is sold in a variety of ways. As a rule, a description of the sale process for a particular real estate property is provided alongside each property listing.
MOST COMMON METHOD OF SALE: COLLECTION OF NON-BINDING BIDS
The collection of non-binding bids for a particular real estate property is the most common method of sale used by BAMC Real Estate. It applies in all cases, unless a different sale process is specified. Potential buyers may submit their non-binding bids by completing and submitting the relevant form. The form is attached to these instructions and can also be found alongside individual real estate listings, or it can also be forwarded to your email address by request.
Non-binding bids can be submitted by email to email@example.com or mailed to DUTB d.d., Davčna ulica 1, 1000 Ljubljana. The BAMC will process each offer separately at the earliest opportunity.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS (BAMC)
Bidders bidding on real estate assets with an indicative listing price of 500,000.00 EUR or higher will also be required to include additional forms with their bidding form, such as:
- a declaration of the circumstances of the purchase;
- a declaration of any debts (existing or potential) to the BAMC on the part of the bidder; and
- a declaration that the potential purchaser/investor is not a legal or natural person as defined by Article 13 of the ZUKSB.
COLLECTION OF BINDING BIDS OR (e-)AUCTION
Possible types of real estate sale processes include the process of collecting binding bids (subject to payment of a security deposit) and (electronic) auctioning.
In these instances the terms of the auction or call for bids (date for submission of bids, date of (e-)auction, amount of security deposit, starting price, etc.) and all the other information and documents are published on the BAMC Real Estate and the BAMC websites.
TRANSPARENT AND PROFESSIONALLY MANAGED SALES PROCESSES
In all its sale processes, the BAMC provides transparent, equal treatment to all potential real estate buyers in compliance with the rules. All customers who are interested in a particular property are guided through the sale process, from viewing the property to the final transaction.
The contact person for each real estate property is cited in the listing. The sale process can also be conducted by an external agency with which the BAMC has concluded a contract of real estate brokerage.
GUARANTEES AND CHANGES IN SALE PROCESS
- When selling real estate, the BAMC does not issue a warranty for defects, and sells the real estate “as seen”, unless stated otherwise in the relevant advertisement.
- In regards to the advertised indicative listed price stated in each listing, the BAMC informs potential bidders that the price is purely informative in nature and may be subject to change based on market supply and demand, regarding which the BAMC also regularly performs valuations of its entire real estate portfolio annually (at minimum), and adjusts the pricing accordingly. Therefore, the bids placed in the sales and non-binding bidding processes do not obligate the BAMC to accept any bid, regardless of whether or not such bids may be higher, equal to or lower than the current advertised informative listed price, unless the BAMC explicitly and unambiguously accepts a submitted bid in writing.
- The BAMC therefore reserves the right to change the process, individual steps involved, or other elements of the procedure, and may interrupt the sales or negotiations process, whereby the BAMC is released of all responsibility and the bidders shall have no claims against the BAMC in this regard.
- Unsuccessful bidders have the right to file an appeal. Such appeals are to be filed within five (5) business days after notification of the outcome of the relevant process. Appeals must be lodged directly before the BAMC, in writing, or sent by registered mail. The appeal should contain a detailed explanation of the reasons for the appeal. The applicant should state the name and address of the party filing the appeal, the ID designation (RE ID) of the relevant real estate, the alleged violations, facts and evidence supporting the violations. Applications shall be reviewed by the relevant Credit and Investment Committee. The resolution of the appeal will be notified to the applicant.
KEEP TRACK OF BAMC REAL ESTATE FOR SALE
The flow of real estate into the BAMC and then into the sale process is gradual. Potential buyers are recommended to regularly check the BAMC website and to subscribe to a monthly newsletter featuring advertised real estate and current sale processes. Subscribe to the newsletter >
Contact us for additional information
phone: +386 1 429 38 95
faks: +386 1 429 38 59